Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe Empty
PostSubject: Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe   Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley is objecting to the proposed establishment of a Debe Campus of the University of the West Indies (UWI). Rowley was responding to an announcement by Attorney General Anand Ramlogan in Parliament last Friday. Minister of Science, Technology and Tertiary Education Fazal Karim told the Senate days before that the sod-turning ceremony would take place on May 24, the first anniversary of Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s election as head of Government.

Rowley, speaking during a news conference at his Charles Street office yesterday, said UWI was a regional institution and consultation was necessary before any such development could take place. Rowley said the Government was expected to meet with UWI officials next month to discuss the proposal but a sod- turning date already had been made public. Questioned about the reasons for seeking to expand the institution in Debe, Rowley said it was an election promise but he said that area was not the most appropriate for citizens of T&T.

He said St Augustine was the most central location, even for the people of Tobago and other parts of the country. He said Government was attempting to establish a campus in Debe “because of the demography of the student population without discussion or agreement with the other parties in the University of the West Indies.” Rowley said the former PNM Government had located a piece of land in Orange Grove to expand the campus.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2011/01/25/rowley-against-uwi-campus-debe
Back to top Go down

Rowley against UWI Campus in Debe
Page 1 of 1