Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  Empty
PostSubject: Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued    Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued by his next-door neighbour for trespass.

Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued by his next-door neighbour for trespass.

Marlon McPherson, who also lives in St James, yesterday filed a civil claim in the Port-of-Spain High Court, asking for damages for trespass and seeking an injunction to order Hinds to restore his land to its original condition. The writ was filed by attorneys Derek Ali and Michael Rooplal. In his claim form, McPherson said he was the owner of land at 12 Barry Avenue, Hillsboro, Maraval. He said Hinds, former Member of Parliament for Laventille East/Morvant, is the owner of lands at 11 Barry Avenue, Hillsboro, Maraval. McPherson accused Hinds of constructing a “very impressive four-storey house, together with a swimming pool, upon lands which the claimant estimates to be in the value of at least $7,000,000.” McPherson said both his land and the property belonging to Hinds were residential properties located in an exclusive Port-of-Spain suburb where the average home sells for $4 million.

The claimant said that in 2008, Hinds entered onto his lands without a licence or his consent and constructed a retaining wall. According to McPherson, the act of the former junior national security minister amounted to a trespass. He said he had suffered loss and damage by the trespass. McPherson claimed that he lost 1,450 square feet of land. Added to his problems, McPherson said the Town and Country Planning Division had refused planning permission to him to develop the land. He said as a result of the refusal of the Town and Country Planning Division and Hinds’ encroachment, he was unable to build on the land. McPherson said he was unable to sell the land. He said land was selling in that neighbourhood for $200 a square foot, and that the act of the senator had essentially rendered his land useless.

McPherson said his attorneys wrote to Hinds five times notifying him of his intention to institute legal proceedings and to seek compensation. Letters were written on October 16, 2008; January 30, 2009; October 12, 2009; January 18, 2010; and February 24, 2010. He said Hinds has failed to pay him compensation. In the October 16, 2008 letter, attorney Derek Ali called on Hinds to immediately and forthwith, pull down and demolish the retaining wall and to restore McPherson’s land to the original condition. Ali said the encroachment constituted a trespass which was illegal and/or unlawful.
- See more at:

http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/news/politics/2010/07/14/pnm-senator-sued-trespass-lead-pg-3#sthash.klFQiaJS.dpuf
http://www.guardian.co.tt/archives/news/politics/2010/07/14/pnm-senator-sued-trespass-lead-pg-3
Back to top Go down

Opposition senator Fitzgerald Hinds has been sued
Page 1 of 1