Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

Rowley: We will vote against it

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

Rowley: We will vote against it Empty
PostSubject: Rowley: We will vote against it   Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

Is the bill flawed or not?

Quote :
"The Opposition is not supporting any amendment to the Constitution by this process, in this way, by supporting a flawed bill, we not doing that. We will vote against it. It will fall," said Rowley.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Rowley__We_will_vote_against_it-116890643.html

Quote :
Rowley said the Opposition was prepared to support this in a separate law which can be passed by a three-fourths majority.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Rowley__Don_t_bully_us-117118603.html
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Rowley: We will vote against it   Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Rowdy is more experts than the law lords at the privy council

Quote :
Charles Matthew v. The State - Privy Council.......

74. If departure from fundamental human rights is desired, that is the way it should be done. The constitution should be amended explicitly. Departure from fundamental rights entrenched in the constitution should not be carried through by misapplication of transitional savings clauses.

75. I add these observations because of the exceptional constitutional importance of these appeals........

www.privy-council.org.uk/files/other/charles%20matthews.jud.rtf
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Rowley: We will vote against it   Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Rowley: PNM will vote down death penalty bill
Monday 23rd January, 2012

Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley has defended the PNM's decision to refrain from supporting the hangman's bill.

The Opposition Leader slammed what he labeled as the Prime Minister's attempt to “demonise” the PNM by suggesting the rising crime situation was as a result of the Opposition's refusal to support the Bill.

Dr. Rowley reminded that the death sentence is still on local law books. He added that the hangman's bill, as drafted by the Government, would allow the Privy Council to remove the death sentence entirely.

"We will not be shamed or bullied into doing foolishness. So they can bring the Bill as often as they like. They could take as much PR advice as they like, they could seek to demonise the PNM as often as they like. We will speak the truth to the people of Trinidad and Tobago as I have just done, telling you what the facts are, and as often as they bring that particular Bill to the Parliament, we will vote it down because we support the maintenance and preservation of the mandatory death sentence on the books of Trinidad and Tobago."

http://www.ctntworld.com/LocalArticles.aspx?id=37720
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rowley: We will vote against it   Rowley: We will vote against it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rowley: We will vote against it
Page 1 of 1