Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

SANDALS SCANDAL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

SANDALS SCANDAL  Empty
PostSubject: SANDALS SCANDAL    SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 11:14 am

As Clico and CL Financial shareholders await budget statements on the future of the company’s assets, they’ve shelved initial scepticism and agreed in principle to Government’s proposed Sandals hotel development on their Golden Grove estate in Tobago.

Carlton Reis, representative of Dalco, the largest CLF shareholder, confirmed this after shareholders of both entities met Finance Minister Colm Imbert recently.

Reis, who said he also represents CLF majority shareholder Lawrence Duprey, said shareholders, including United Shareholders Limited (USL), have agreed on the hotel idea after receiving assurances about the return of several CLF companies.
He said the group will shelve previous concerns about the Tobago project on their estate and work with Government.

Clico’s subsidiaries, Occidental Investments Ltd (OIL) and Oceanic Properties Ltd (OPL), own the 600-acre Golden Grove estate, including the sand spit known as No Man’s Land which is at the centre of the Sandals plan. Tobago House of Assembly (THA) chairman Orville London, at last week’s consultation on the Sandals plan, assured that No Man’s Land and Nylon Pool would not be touched.

In May Duprey had said he would fight to keep the estate since he had been speaking with UK-European investors on a proposed $3 billion hotel development.

http://www4.guardian.co.tt/business/2016-09-27/clicoclf-shareholders-deal-likely-land-sandals
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

SANDALS SCANDAL  Empty
PostSubject: Re: SANDALS SCANDAL    SANDALS SCANDAL  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 11:40 am

Rowley keen even before he was PM
Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley approached Jamaican hotel tycoon Gordon “Butch” Stewart to bring the Sandals chain to Tobago before he had won last year’s general election.

Stewart confirmed this in an email interview with the T&T Guardian, noting Rowley approached he and his son Adam when they were here in mid-2015 for a function hosted by the T&T Manufacturers’ Association.

“Adam was a guest speaker at the manufacturing association. A gentleman came up to me and said when I become prime minister I am going to give you a call,” Stewart recalled, noting that man was Rowley.

After winning the 2015 general election, Stewart said he received a call from Rowley.

“He called and he said, ‘look, I would like to have talks with you.’ He (Rowley) told me that he would like to see Tobago take advantage of its natural resources.”

Since then, Stewart said he has had a couple of “good” meetings with the THA and Government ministers.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2016-07-04/750-room-sandals-hotel-tobago-can-be-reality-butch-eyes-no-man%E2%80%99s-land

Back to top Go down

SANDALS SCANDAL
Page 1 of 1