Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
New Governance System I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

New Governance System

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

New Governance System Empty
PostSubject: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:13 am

We don't need a new political party, we need a new governance system, this gov’t is getting trapped because they are using the same old system that got PNM in so-much trouble. For e.g. while the gov was in opposition they complained vigorously about CEPEP & URP today they are glorifying these programmes, when former AG John Jeremie awarded himself Silk they complained bitterly today they are using the same process to award themselves Silk.

The PPGov’t need to take stock of what they complained about in the past and change it, lest they look like hypocrites.
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:54 am

if awarding sitting judges “Silk” is wrong because it is done by politicians then the awarding of sitting judges “The Order of Trinidad & Tobago” and appointing judges should also be wrong because it is done by politicians and therefore all judges should give up their position because it was given to them by politicians
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:01 pm

A simple system that can change easily and can bring relief to thousands of people, is the out patients system at the hospitals

For e.g. they give everybody appointment for 7.30 AM. And doctors wouldn’t see the last patient until about 12 noon. So that patient would have to wait almost 5 hours to see a doctor

So if you have 4 doctors attending to patients and approx 15 minutes to see a patient, why not schedule every 4 patients 15 minutes apart?

For E.g. first 4 7.30am, second 4) 7.45am, third 4) 8.00am and so on, in that way patients can arrive 10-15 mins before their appointment and don’t have to wait 3-5 hours.
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:14 pm

CHANGE FOR URP!

URP should be renamed Employment Skills Agency (ESA)

Functions:
i. Registry for Unemployed people
ii. To offer Temporary employment
iii. To Train unskilled persons
iv. To find Employment
v. To work with Companies and Businesses who need employees

People registering with ESA must enroll in one of the following government training programme

• YTEPP - The Youth Training and Employment Partnership Programme.
• MuST - The Multi-Sector Skills Training Programme
• The National Apprenticeship Programme
• Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
• Retraining Programme Trinidad and Tobago Vocational Qualifications (TTNVQ)
• OJT - The On-the-Job Training Programme
• Non-Traditional Skills Training Programme for Women
• Craft Training Programme for Women
• Life Skills Training Courses
• Youth Development and Apprenticeship Centres (YDAC)
• Youth Apprenticeship Programme in Agriculture (Yapa)
• Trinidad and Tobago Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
• Adult Education
• Workforce Assessment Centre (WAC)

While they awaiting employment government will offer them Temporary work & Training

If they already have a skill they must get certified once they are trained and certified their name entered into the Unemployment Registry awaiting request from Employers who need workers.

If a Farmer need employees he can go online fill out a request form (the amount of workers, skills – specialized in: brushing cutlass, wacker, hoe, spray-can, sweet pepper, tomato etc.) submit it, then the agency can pull up the files on the specific type of skills requested choose the right candidates and notify both parties.

Once the candidates are employed the names then move from the Unemployed section of the Registry to the Employed section

I know Trinidadians are smart and will make excuse “I don’t have time to do the training” The training must be mandatory, No training, No job. Schedule the training during the two weeks employment breaks

This programme must no-longer be a “Hand out” but a “Hand up”
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:19 pm

CHANGES FOR CEPEP!

CEPEP should be renamed Environment Protection Agency (EPA)

Functions:
i. To Clean & Beautify the Environment
ii. To work with the Ministry of Works in maintaining Watercourses & Drainage
iii. To work with ODPM in time of disaster
iv. To work with Ministry of Community Development in maintaining Playgrounds, Cemeteries and Parks

EPA should be constituted as a permanent state agency; all workers should be made permanent and must undergo some type of Retaining to make sure they are properly qualified

Forestry Division, Game Warden & Litter Warden, should fall under this agency
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Regulate the Boating Industry

Why I say that? Just take a look at the murder statistics and you will see most are gun related. Where are the guns coming from? Most guns & drugs come into Trinidad by boat via unguarded ports of entry

There should be Regulations in place to have all boats registered, Coastguard post constructed at every port of entry and all boats leaving & entering our shores should communicate with the Coastguard via CB Radio or other Communication Device before leaving & entering, on entry boats should be properly inspected for contraband

Where there’s fishing communities proper ports should be constructed with cold storage and cameras installed and manned by the Coastguard
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Create a comprehensive Fingerprint Database and legislation to make it mandatory for everyone with an ID card to have their Fingerprint enter into the Database

Many times police will find fingerprints on a crime scene but no one to match it to since the present Database only have record of convicted criminals

Last edited by Honeylu on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Reduce the number of Police Stations

At present we have about 85 Police Stations each Station need about 4 officers to manned the station at all times, if you reduce the number of Stations to 20 you have 4x65 = 260 officers to put on patrol immediately, 260x2 = 130 vehicles patrolling the streets.

So instead these 260 officers sitting in the stations they will actually be on the streets preventing crime, what this also does is improve the response time because you have more police on patrol.

Now you can take the existing 65 stations and turn them into government sub offices

You can also use some of them as court house it already has holding cells so it wouldn't be difficult to convert
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:53 pm

Change from a single DPP to a DA system like the US. Assign a DA to each Police Division
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Governance System   New Governance System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Governance System
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Trini Sweet Talk :: General Category :: Politics-
Jump to: