Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  Empty
PostSubject: CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:    CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:25 am

What all yuh think about this e-mail?

Quote :
They are damn plagiarizers... tiefin Bollywood and Classical songs and "chunes" ...they glorify rum

Degrading rum songs Tuesday, February 15 2011

THE EDITOR: It is instructive that a so-called chutney icon could mention in the media that despite his promise not to sing a “rum” song this year, his fans want it and his fans are everything.
Who are these fans, pray tell? Not I nor the many others like myself who loathe this stereotype of drunkards in these songs. This degrading labelling of a people is not only prevalent in the songs of other “icons” but in a popular local soap which touts rum, “commess “ and “horning” as its signature patterns of behaviour among its characters.

With those who love to identify with such a stereotype, I can have no quarrel, for it is their right to indulge in such self-contempt, as much as it is the right of the many who have become virtually addicted to the now pervasive and sexually explicit “bend over and wine.” Such is high culture to which we should never object!

But I do have a quarrel when such songs and such images are foisted upon us and our children in the media, for as the guardian of the people’s interests, the media should never discriminate against its children. These songs and images are better left in the dancehalls for which they were created and let the participants wallow at their will.

Dr Errol Benjamin

via e-mail
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:    CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 11:27 am

another one!!
Quote :

Chutney singers stealing melodies

Published: Mon, 2011-02-14 20:59

In recent times, the uniquely Trinidadian chutney music has become something to be less than proud off. The poverty of lyrical content has already been dissected by many, but a disturbing trend recently is the lack of original melody. Today, artistes string words to the melodies of popular film songs coming out of India and pass this out to a public which does not care to be short-changed. No doubt it is an easy way to reach the top of the music charts, but what can these artistes claim as theirs when people compliment the creativity of T&T?

I am sure these singers and writers have talent, but they are doing an injustice to it and by extension to the people who toiled to pass the art form to them and to the country. I invoke the conscience of these artistes and call on the National Council for Indian Culture and the promoters of the Chutney Soca competition to ensure that in future competitions, songs with lifted melodies are disqualified automatically.

Vedavid Manick
Sangre Grande
Back to top Go down

CHUTNEY PROSTITUTES and PLAGIARIZERS:
Page 1 of 1