Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 Empty
PostSubject: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

This is what you can expect if PNM get back in power........

Children’s Life Fund Disbanded!

Rowley said let taxpayers found sick children like how PNM funded Hannah Lendore.

Fitzgerald Hinds said Children’s Life Fund “stupid and political”

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/PNM-prefers-to-support-policy-210349451.html

Last edited by Honeylu on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:14 pm

Return of the Racket Rail

PNM announces its FIRST MAJOR POLICY COMMITMENT on RETURNING to GOVERNMENT- *NEW RAPID RAIL SYSTEM

Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Opposition Leader promises: PNM will dismantle Ministry of the People

The Ministry of the People and Social Development will be dismantled and replaced with a Rural Development Ministry established if the People’s National Movement (PNM) forms the next government of Trinidad and Tobago.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012-01-26/opposition-leader-promises-pnm-will-dismantle-ministry-people
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm

The Return of PNM Property Tax

'Property Tax can give significant $$

Rowley said at a press conference yesterday that the tax had significant outcome in terms of revenue for the Government in a time of stringency as well as the concerns of many persons about how much tax they would be paying at the end of the day.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_Property_Tax_can_give_significant____-127805963.html
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Return of SMELTER

Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Building brand new road map
By COREY CONNELLY. Sunday, July 24 2011

Expect a new and improved People’s National Movement (PNM) in one year’s time, or less, the party’s chairman, Franklin Khan, assures.

On the mend from its humiliating 29-12 defeat in the May 24, 2010, general election, Khan says the party’s rebuilding effort, currently on stream, comprises a new strategic vision, frequent walkabouts and cottage meetings, a fund-collection mechanism and a more zealous attempt to woo middle-class voters.

Of these, Khan, who was elected PNM chairman on March 20, said devising a proper fund-collection mechanism to cement the party’s financial base, was perhaps his greatest challenge in the post to date.

“The biggest challenge is that the party lacks the physical and financial resources to do a lot of work. Remember when you are in Opposition the money does not flow as when you are in Government,” he told Sunday Newsday during an interview at Balisier House, Port-of-Spain, on Wednesday.

“So we have to run a tight ship. We still have a few good supporters and the burden is falling on a few people financially. But we are rallying and hoping to broaden the financial base of the party.”

Khan, who was appointed Minister of Works and Transport in the PNM administration in 2002, resigned from the position in 2005 after he was accused of bribery by then PNM councillor Dhansam Dhansook. He also resigned as PNM Chairman in 2007.

The State had alleged that Khan accepted $120,500 in bribes from Dhansook in exchange for contracts.

Khan, who was eventually exonerated of the charges in the San Fernando Magistrates’ Court on September 20, 2010, is now enjoying a new lease on life.

During last week’s interview, he said the PNM recently adopted a new fee structure for the party, amounting to $98 annually for individual members. This, he said, will put the party on a sound financial footing if properly implemented.

He said: “On the data base there are 70,000 members at $100 a year. If everybody pays their fees that is $7 million. Assuming half pays, that is $3.5 million. It’s not bad but we have to put a collection system in place.”

Khan said last Friday, the party also launched a grand raffle — offering three BMW vehicles — to be drawn during the Christmas season.

“That should raise substantial funds,” he said.

Khan admitted that the party’s infrastructure was virtually non-existent after the election, a situation which he said required a robust attempt to win the trust of the national population in re-positioning the PNM as a “credible alternative”.

The party’s revival, the chairman said, is being tackled on two fronts — through its Strategic Review Team (SRT), established nine months ago, and its Constitutional Review Team (CRT), headed by former Attorney General Bridgid Annisette-George.

The Strategic Review Team, which seeks to re-tool the PNM’s existing 20/20 Vision document, is expected to report to the executive within a month’s time.

“Our strategic team is really preparing a road map for Trinidad into the 21st century. It is well- advanced and forms the basis from which the PNM will launch its new strategic vision,” he said.

Khan said while the Vision 20/20 document was a good one, “there were certain aspects of it that were mishandled”.

He added: “So what we are saying now is that we are preparing a new strategic vision for the country that the party wants to present to the national population, and that will be the road map by which this new PNM will chart the future of the country.” Working in tandem with the SRT, Khan said the CRT, which is expected to complete one phase of its deliberations in two months, will modernise the operations of the 55-year-old political institution.

He acknowledged that the strength of the PNM has always been its past, including its status as a “grassroots” party. The former works minister insisted, however, that the past will not take the party into the future.

“We have been an inward-thinking party and a lot of the dogmas of the PNM will have to be revisited. The same old, same old will not cut it anymore. It has been shown clear,” he said.

“The PNM has boasted that it has a strong constitution, and it is a party that has stood the test of time, but we are saying that it is opportune now to make major changes in the constitution and we have to start to think outside of the box.”

A large part of the PNM’s new strategy involves an attempt to make the party more attractive to the middle class, Khan said.

“While we are proud of being a “grassroots” party, we must remember the working middle-class is now the majority in this country, largely because of the PNM. We have transformed the “grassroots” into an entire middle class. The entire public service is a working middle class,” he said.

The strategy also includes more voter contact through walkabouts and cottage meetings, particularly in the 29 constituencies which the PNM lost in the general election.
“We have been a little laxed in that, although we have had public meetings over the past few months,” Khan told Sunday Newsday.

“But we really need to get the one on one contact with the population — with MPs, party officers and political leader — hitting the road and touching skin so that people know that you are there.

“People want to feel and touch their leaders now. It is a psychology. The new generation of leaders have to be visible, accessible and accountable. If you do not have those three traits forget it.”

The former Ortoire/Mayaro MP said the PNM’s records showed, sadly, that while a constituency may have 20 party groups on paper, many were not functioning.
“But where the party groups are not functional, we will revive them. The intention is to have a party group in every electoral district, in every polling division. And then build the party from the ground up. It is re-engaging with the people,” he said.
This process, Khan admitted, will be a Herculean task, but he assured the PNM will be up to the challenge.

“To rebuild that trust you have to have new policies, new programmes and, most important, new people. We do not want to talk election yet, but the PNM will be coming with fresh, new and enterprising faces. That is how it has to be,” he said.
In so doing, he said the “baggage” which had plagued the last administration and ultimately cost the party the last election “will have to drop off”.

“The baggage of the Calder Hart era. The baggage of the property tax and all the unpopular projects and the supposed misdeeds of the past administration, those baggage will be shed for the train to move forward,” he said. Khan again threw his support behind current political leader, Dr Keith Rowley, as the man to lead the PNM.
“I am really confident under Dr Rowley’s leadership. He is focussed and we have an executive that is focussed.”

He, however, downplayed claims that the party has been unable to sever ties with its former leader, Patrick Manning, in moving forward. Told that it appeared as though many among the party’s membership have been unwilling to embrace Rowley as leader, Khan argued: “With a change in leadership, people will always have their allegiances and they probably take a back seat. You have to give a new leader latitude to lead.”
He added: “A classic example was when Mr Manning lost the election. The general secretary, Martin Joseph, and the chairman, Conrad Enill, resigned because they felt they should give the leader some latitude. And now Martin Joseph is heavily involved with the co-ordinators in the respective constituencies.”

Khan also dismissed reports that Rowley was unpopular and made no apologies for the new faces that have surfaced within the party’s various arms.

“I wouldn’t read too much into that. The new leader has to pick a new team that is somewhat fresh,” he said.

“You cannot discard the old soldiers but you have to have the right balance because the very people who will tell you they not seeing this one and that one, are the same ones asking for newness.”

Khan said the PNM will soon represent a powerful blend of intellectuals, professionals, community activists and others “on the ground”. Khan also responded to the People’s Partnership Government’s intervention in Tobago, reasoning that they were probably encouraged by their success in both the general and local government elections.
“They have won the general election handsomely and the local government election even more handsomely. We (PNM) only control three regional corporations. So the last bastion of PNM governance is really the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) and it is obvious they will want to obliterate the PNM,” he said.

Predicting that the Government’s involvement on the island will be a futile one, Khan said Tobagonians will always vote for political parties they perceive represent their interests. He recalled that at one time, the National Alliance For Reconstruction occupied all 12 seats in the THA while the PNM had none.
“So the consciousness of the Tobagonian in th
e context of his island state is fundamental to the Tobago psyche,” he said.
Giving an example, Khan noted that the Tobago Council was an autonomous unit of the PNM.

“There is a detachment from the Trinidad arm only because we have to brand the Tobago Council as Tobagonian. While there is a link to Balisier House, we are seeking Tobago’s interest,” he said.

Khan also said the disrespect being shown to the Orville London-led THA by the Partnership will be a critical feature in the next election.
“In the euphoria of trying to invade the Tobago space, they are already disrespecting the Tobago House of Assembly. How could you bypass Orville London?” he asked.
“He is a defacto Prime Minister of Tobago and Cabinet ministers are totally disregarding the gentlemen and saying that central government has overarching responsibility for governance. But Tobagonians will deal with that disrespect in due course.”
In the meantime, Khan said he was focussed on the task at hand - building the party’s battered infrastructure. He said he also firmly believes that many of the PNM die-hard supporters who voted for the PP in the last general election were, once again, returning to the party’s fold.

“I was hazarded a theory that a significant number of those have already returned, because they have seen their misjudgement,” he said.

This he attributed to the poor performance of the Government 14 months after assuming office.

“They are an inept bunch, with cabals, cliques and caucuses. If there has ever been a dysfunctional government running this country, the People’s Partnership is it,” he said.
Khan argued that the Partnership has offered no strategic plan for governance and has achieved no major accomplishment apart from “patching a few roads here and building a bridge there”.

“And the one man who is performing (Works Minister Jack Warner) you (Prime Minister) cut his portfolio in half,” he joked.
Insisting the Partnership was “governing by vaps”, Khan said: “They have absolutely no policy document and are operating in crisis mode. They have no road map for where they want to take this country.”

http://www.newsday.co.tt/features/print,0,144414.html
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 8:56 am

Let’s do a little commonsense analysis

A RAPID RAIL holds 90 passengers per vehicle * 3 vehicles per train * 6 vehicle sets per hour = 540 passengers per hour. This number suggests a maximum daily ridership of around 8,100. X $20 = $162,000 per day income.

$162,000 x 30 days = $4860000 (Four million, eight hundred and sixty thousand)
$4860000 x 12 months = $58320000 (Fifty-eight million, three hundred and twenty thousand)
Let us round it off at $60 Million per years for easy calculation
$60 Million x 10 years = $600 Million
Going to take you 20 years to return $1.2 Billion
Going to take you 100 years to return $6 Billion
Going to take you about 325 years to return $20 Billion

So if we go with Rowley figures of $20 Billion it going to take you about 325 years to recover that money and we haven’t add operational and maintenance cost.

HOWEVER! The $500 million Rapid Rail feasibility study that the PNM did in 2007 states the project will cost $47 Billion.

Last edited by Honeylu on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:30 pm

SMELTER COMING BACK, VOTE PNM!

Rowley said citizens in Bahrain were not falling sick and dying by the expansion of its aluminium smelter plant. Instead, he said, the country was using best technology to carve out a space for themselves in aluminium sales and supplies which make them the envy of the world.
Rowley had criticised the Government’s decision to shutdown the construction of the aluminium smelter plant in Point Fortin. He said the Union Industrial Estate in La Brea, which had tremendous potential, remained idle.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Rowley-Im-ready-to-be-next-PM-255253761.html
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:38 pm

T&T don’t have a “Transportation problem” T&T have a “Traffic problem” and a $47 billion rapid rail is not the solution…..Decentralization, Staggered working hours, working closer to home, working from home are better options to consider and this government has shown it is prepared to go that route. UWI Debe Campus, COSTATT Campus Sangre Grande, Licensing Head Office Caroni are just a few examples of bringing service closer to the people.
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 10:26 am

I did a commonsense analysis on the cost of the Rapid Rail to show how it is not feasible.

Now, Let’s do a little commonsense analysis on the Traffic impact.

Presently we have about 650,000 vehicles on the roads.

From my cost analysis the maximum daily ridership of around 8,100. That is for ARIMA to PORT OF SPAIN Route. Let us apply the same for PORT OF SPAIN to SAN FERNANDO Route.

8,100 x 2 = 16,200
650,000 minus 16,200 = 633,800

The Rapid Rail is said to take 10 years to complete
In that 10 years the vehicle population may increase by another 40,000

650,000 + 40,000 = 690,000
690,000 minus 16,200 = 673,800

So you are spending $47 billion to take 16,200 vehicles off the roads at the end of the day which will have no impact on the traffic situation.

Further to that, Where in Arima are you going to find the space to build Car Park for 10,000 Vehicles?

Where in Port of Spain are you going to find the space to build Car Park for 10,000 Vehicles?

Where in San Fernando  are you going to find the space to build Car Park for 10,000 Vehicles?

In both COST and TRAFFIC Impact this Rapid Rail is not feasible.

Last edited by Honeylu on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 11:53 am

That $47 Billion is only construction cost
We haven’t added operational cost
We haven’t added property acquisition cost
We haven’t added Port relocation cost

This will be heavily subsidize which is an additional burden on taxpayers

This project has the potential to bankrupt the county and may never be completed
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 am

WITH less than two weeks before the People's National Movement (PNM) internal leadership elections, incumbent leader Dr. Keith Rowley has brought his campaign to Tobago.

Speaking at a meeting with both the Tobago East and Tobago West constituencies on Saturday evening at the Mason Hall Secondary School, Dr. Rowley told supporters that as political leader of the PNM and the second Tobagonian Prime Minister, he would abolish the Ministry of Tobago Development (MTD) and the Ministry of Local Government.

According to Dr. Rowley, he advised the Tobago House of Assembly's (THA) Chief Secretary, Orville London to seek legal advice to determine if the MTD is breaching the law, and if it is the THA should take the Ministry before the courts. He says he told London to revisit the THA Act because if the Ministry parallels the THA in dispensing certain goods and services in Tobago, “chances are it is breaking the law.”

http://www.thetobagonews.com/news/item/235-rowley-i-will-abolish-ministry-of-tobago-development
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:37 am

Leader of the Opposition Dr Keith Rowley has proposed that Local Government be abolished.

He said this will be part of the People’s National Movement’s Local Government Reform Policy.

- See more at: http://news.power102fm.com/pnm-to-abolish-local-government-24176#sthash.zQPmJ97K.dpuf
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:18 pm

Rowley hits property tax

By Sean Douglas
December 20 2009 – newsday.co.tt

Rowley made the point that the property tax is being imposed for something that is not a revenue-earner for him, that is, his home. He said that through no act of their own, persons living on Diego Martin Main Road might have found the value of their house climb over the years to $1 million or $2 million, and now be liable to the property tax, despite never having any intention to sell it or rent it out.

“If you try to defend the indefensible, you’ll create resentment and provoke people, and that is what we have at the moment.”

Rowley said in areas of his constituency, such as Upper Cemetery Street, there are residents who must pay water rates despite the fact that no water flows in the water-pipes laid down four years ago. He said any hike in such water rates under the property tax would now amount to provocation.

Rejecting claims that the property tax won’t cause hardship, he said, “I know a lot of people for whom $100 is a lot of money. A lot are struggling to make ends meet.”

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,112858.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30   PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PNM POLICIES Vision 20/30
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Trini Sweet Talk :: General Category :: Politics-
Jump to: