Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
     Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Advertisement
    bet365

Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Honeylu
    Honeylu

Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving Empty
    PostSubject: Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving    Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 10:44 am

ALMOST three months after PC Adahha Maynard was knocked down and killed while on his way to work, the son of former Senate President Linda Baboolal appeared before a Port of Spain Magistrate charged with causing his death by dangerous driving.

In addition, Henry Baboolal, 43, was charged with driving while under the influence of alcohol.

Baboolal appeared before Magistrate Wendy Dougdeen-Bally in the Sixth Court yesterday charged with causing Maynard's death on the evening of September 25 along Morne Coco Road, Diego Martin, near the Starlite Shopping Plaza.

When he made his initial appearance before the magistrate yesterday morning, Baboolal pleaded guilty to the drunk driving charge, but the matter was stood down to the afternoon period, as his attorney, PNM senator Fitzgerald Hinds, was not present in court.

Baboolal's parents however sat in the public gallery and listened as the matters proceeded. His mother, Linda Baboolal, is also a former minister of health and his father, Michael Baboolal, was a race car driver.

However, when the matter was called again, Hinds indicated to the court that Baboolal wished to change the plea to that of not guilty. He also asked for all disposable material relevant to the matters.

In his application for bail, Hinds told the court that his client was a self-employed engineer and also the father of two young children "for whom he had total responsibility". He said Baboolal had a clean criminal record and came from a stable family.

"This horrendous situation arose out of a road traffic accident for which he is totally regrettable. He is not a regular drinker and he has not made use of any alcoholic beverage since the incident. He would also present himself before the court whenever the court so requires," Hinds said.

Dougdeen-Bally proceeded to grant bail in the sum of $100,000 to be approved by a Clerk of the Peace. As a condition of his bail bond, the magistrate also ordered that Baboolal surrender his driver's permit to the court.

Hinds asked that the magistrate revisit her order, stating that Baboolal lived in Westmoorings but operated his business in San Fernando. With him having to surrender his driver's permit, Hinds said this would cause "undue hardship to him, his business and his family".

The magistrate however said she was not willing to revisit the order and advised Hinds to make the application before Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar on January 10 when the matter will continue.

On the day of the incident, Maynard, 23, of Broome Street, Diego Martin, was walking along a pavement when a white Mazda car mounted the pavement and slammed into him, killing him instantly.

Maynard was last attached to the Four Roads Police Station and was on his way to perform extra duties at the station when the incident occurred.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Ex-minister_s_son_charged_in_cop_s_death-135557118.html
    Back to top Go down
    Honeylu
    Honeylu

Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving    Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 am

ALMOST ten months after PC Adahha Maynard was knocked down and killed while on his way to work, the preliminary enquiry into his death got started in the Port of Spain Magistrates' Court.

Charged with causing the officer's death is 46-year-old Henry Baboolal, the son of former Senate president Linda Baboolal.

He reappeared before Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar in the Eighth Court yesterday for the start of the enquiry in which two police officers gave evidence.
    In addition to the charge of causing Maynard's death, Baboolal also faces a charge of driving while under the influence of alcohol.

Following the testimony of the officers—PCs Carrio and Joseph—of the Four Roads Police Station, they were both cross-examined by defence attorneys Gilbert Peterson SC and Fitzgerald Hinds, who are representing Baboolal.

The offences for which he is charged are alleged to have taken place on the evening of September 25, last year.

On that day, Maynard, 23, of Broome Street, Diego Martin, was walking along a pavement at Morne Coco Road, Diego Martin, when he was struck by a vehicle. He died instantly.

Maynard was last attached to the Four Roads Police Station and was on his way to perform extra duties at the station when the incident occurred.
    Seeking the interest of Maynard's family in the enquiry are attorneys Keith Scotland and Asha Watkins.

The enquiry will resume on September 4.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Road_death_enquiry_starts_-163498926.html
    Back to top Go down

Linda Baboolal Son Drunk Driving
    Page 1 of 1