Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup Empty
PostSubject: Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup   Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:11 am

DOOKERAN giving evidence

LIVE

http://1990coe.org/live-feed.html
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup   Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:02 am

Abdullah explains SOPO

“He stated that the weeks leading up to the 1990 insurrection saw SOPO building its social network base in challenging the Government on policies and programmes which they believed did not have the people's interest at heart.

The Summit of the Peoples Organisation (SOPO) was never a political party, but rather a broad-based umbrella group made up of labour unions, civil society organisations, other social groups and members of the Jamaat al Muslimeen.”

Sounds familiar???
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup   Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 6:36 pm

In 1990 we were taught to hate NAR and Mr. Robinson, how they were wicked and evil for cutting salaries, retrenching workers and implementing VAT but no one told us it was because of the PNM mismanagement and corruption that left the treasury empty we had to endured those hardship.
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup   Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 6:53 pm

3.17. The Commission finds that the date of 27 July was carefully chosen because of the following:

(i) Imam Abu Bakr was a member of SOPO. He knew that SOPO and the Joint Trade Union Movement had nominated 27 July as the date on which the people would have been asked to vote, in a “referendum” launched by those organisations, on the question whether they supported the policies of the Government or not;

(ii) Imam Abu Bakr and Bilaal were aware of the very great public interest in the football finals set for 27 July at the National Stadium. They calculated that there would have been a large crowd at the Stadium and large numbers of Police Officers would have been deployed there. The
403 attention of the Police would have been diverted to the Stadium.

(iii) Owing to widespread public discontent with the policies of the Government and the hostile industrial relations climate in the months immediately preceding the insurrection, Imam Abu Bakr and Bilaal assumed that they would have had popular support for their actions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup   Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commission of enquiry into the 1990 attempted coup
Page 1 of 1