Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
    Latest topics
    » PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
    Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Advertisement
    bet365

Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Honeylu
    Honeylu

Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister Empty
    PostSubject: Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister   Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 9:33 am

President of the Network of NGO's of Trinidad and Tobago for the Advancement of Women, Hazel Brown, has denied reports that she has endorsed Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in the upcoming general elections. Brown was speaking with the Express yesterday following the launch of the Organisation's 2015 Women's manifesto at the Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain.

Brown said comments made on Talk City 91.1 fm's 'The Lead' programme earlier this week were misunderstood and were her personal views and not representative of the Network's member organisations.

"The Network hasn't endorsed the Prime Minister. I have a personal relationship with the Prime Minister which everybody knows," she said.

Brown said on the programme that despite not being in agreement with the PM on certain gender issues, she supported Persad-Bissessar.

"That was taken to mean that I endorse her. For me, endorsement is different from saying 'I support her' because women candidates including the Prime Minister must be supported."

"There was no deliberate intention to go and make a statement of endorsement of the Prime Minister," she said. "In the election context, endorsement means certain things and I certainly didn't intend that meaning that was given to what I said."

Brown said host Marcia Braveboy took her comments out of context.

"But that's how she is, everybody knows that."

However Brown said she remains a strong supporter of the PM.

"I have always supported Kamla and I still support her even when she does something I don't agree with."

Speaking at the launch yesterday, Brown said more women need to be in leadership roles but that focus must be placed on the quality of women leaders and not just the quantity. She added that the Network's vision is for Parliament to be made up of 50 per cent women.

Brown said her hope is that a sufficient number of women win their seats in the next election, and that they do not forget their fellow women once they do.

'Don't make empty promises, candidates warned'

Delivering the feature address at yesterday's launch, Senator Joanne Massiah of Antigua and Barbuda warned prospective candidates for the upcoming elections against making campaign promises they cannot keep.

"Do not go around promising things you cannot deliver," she said. "It will ruin your credibility and reputation."

Massiah said women posess the key qualities for leadership but said they must always be true to their word.

She also advised prospective candidates to maintain a visible presence on social media, saying it is through this medium that young voters communicate.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20150529/news/hazel-denies-endorsing-prime-minister
    Back to top Go down

Hazel denies endorsing Prime Minister
    Page 1 of 1