Trini Sweet Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trini Sweet Talk

Listen to de sweet talk of ah true Trini

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Advertisement
bet365
Similar topics
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» PNM ELECTION CAMPAIGN 2025
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 am by Honeylu

» LOCAL GOVERNMENT CANDIDATES 2023
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:28 pm by Honeylu

» PEOPLE’S PARTNERSHIP GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2023 3:55 pm by Honeylu

» Rowley: We will not waste time playing the blame game if elected
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am by Honeylu

» Samsung - Smart School Classrooms to Trinidad & Tobago
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 pm by Honeylu

» OPPOSITION LEADER PARTICIPATED IN DEMONSTRATIONS
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 9:48 pm by Honeylu

» T&T COVID-19 CASES AND DEATHS
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2021 10:00 pm by Honeylu

» PNM RESIGNATIONS AND FIRING
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:25 am by Honeylu

» PSC SCANDAL
GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 4:37 pm by Honeylu

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Advertisement
bet365

GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Honeylu
Honeylu

GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS Empty
PostSubject: GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS   GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:02 pm

EXPRESS POLL NOV 29, 2014

The results of the poll show that if the election were held today, no party has a clear edge to make up 21 seats to form the Government; currently, there is no “wave” or swing towards the People’s National Movement (PNM) or the People’s Partnership (PP). Furthermore, the research shows that the overall the race is not only very close, but the electorate is very polarised. Rather than vying for many constituencies that can go either way, currently only one or two seats would make the difference between the PNM and the Partnership in the race to 21 seats.

In the traditionally marginal seat of Tunapuna, the PNM is polling at 44% compared to the PP’s 29%, with only 15% undecided. This gives the PNM an unusual but clear lead notwithstanding the high margin of error of the small sample. Similarly, Moruga/Tableland —which is a composite of PNM areas such as Sixth Company and PP strongholds like Hindustan and part of Barrackpore—is typically very closely contested. However, in this poll the PP has a clear lead 46% to 22%, with 23% undecided.

This leaves only San Fernando West and St. Joseph as the remaining battleground constituencies, where in each district a near-identical number of respondents in the polling sample chose the PNM and the People’s Partnership. In San Fernando West, the People’s Partnership polled at 36%, the PNM at 35%, and 23% indicated no preference. In St Joseph, the PNM and the People’s Partnership each polled at exactly 32%, with 26% undecided. The ILP and other parties combined for the remaining share in each case.

Tunapuna: PNM 44% - PP 29% - U 15%

Moruga/Tableland: PP 46% - PNM 22% - U 23%

San Fernando West: PP 36% - PNM 35% - U 23%

St. Joseph: PP 32% - PNM 32% - U 26%

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/PHOTO-FINISH-284232971.html

Last edited by Honeylu on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS   GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:05 pm

NACTA POLL 12/14/14

The findings of the latest NACTA tracking poll are obtained from “in person” interviews with 500 respondents (44 percent African, 37 percent Indians, 18 percent Mixed, and one percent Others) spread out across four contiguous constituencies (Sangre Grande, Arima, D’Adabide/Omeara, and Lopinot/Bon Air), reflecting the demographics of the population.

These are not the classic marginal seats that changed hands over the last several elections. They are traditional PNM held seats but were won by the PP last election making them marginals. The PNM is on track to recapture all four. The poll, conducted over the last two weeks by Dr. Vishnu Bisram, has a four percent margin of error.

In Grande, PNM leads PP 40 percent to 30 percent with the others combined at ten percent. In Arima, PNM leads 43 percent to 31 percent with eight percent for the others. In D’Abadie, PNM leads 42 percent to 30 percent with others at nine percent. In Lopinot, PNM leads 41 percent to 31percent with eight percent for others. Almost a fifth of the voters are still undecided and they hold the key to the outcome of the next election.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/politics/0,204249.html
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS   GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 10:46 am

Poll conducted by the North American Caribbean Teachers Association (Nacta) has shown that Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar still enjoys an approval rating of 51 per cent among party members and supporters, five years after being elected UNC political leader. Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley’s rating trailed closely behind with 49 per cent.

The poll revealed that the PM’s popularity was based on her charisma and compassion for the less fortunate, while Rowley’s ceaseless efforts to hold the Government accountable on various missteps have earned him some points. The poll, conducted last week by Dr Vishnu Bisram, is based on findings obtained from interviews with 470 respondents.

Whereas the survey revealed that Persad-Bissessar remains the most popular political figure in the UNC, as well as the governing coalition party, supporters insist they are turned off by several of the PP’s incumbents and government ministers. However, those who supported the PP Government in the 2010 general election indicated that they remained committed to the PM’s re-election, saying neither the PNM nor the ILP were viable alternatives.

However, supporters were cautiously optimistic about the PM’s re-election chances, as the poll showed she faced a tough battle in the marginal constituencies of St Joseph, Barataria and Moruga/Tableland. Earlier polls showed the PP Government trailing the PNM in the Toco/Sangre Grande, Arima, D’Abadie-O’Meara, Lopinot/Bon Air West, Tunapuna, and San Fernando West seats.

Voters felt that ministers Vasant Bharath, Fazal Karim, Dr Tim Gopeesingh, Dr Roodal Moonilal, Gary Griffith, Dr Suruj Rambachan and Winston Dookeran were performing on the job, while Larry Howai and Emmanuel George received poor performance ratings.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-01-25/pm-leads-nacta-poll
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS   GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:16 am

This exclusive Express tracking poll targeted eligible voters in the constituency of Tunapuna,  one of the marginal constituencies most likely to determine the winner of the 2015 general election.  The poll suggests that there is no clear leader in the constituency, and any election in Tunapuna would be decided by a razor-thin margin if the election were held today. Both parties are tied at 26 per cent, with 34 per cent of voters still undecided.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/No-clear-winner-in-Tunapuna-290442271.html

Tunapuna: PNM 26% - PP 26% - U 34%
Back to top Go down
Honeylu
Honeylu

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS   GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 11:31 pm

Apr 4, 2015

SUMMARY

If elections were held today, the People’s National Movement (PNM) would have a small edge over the People’s Partnership (PP). This poll puts the PNM ahead at 31% and the PP trailing at 26% with as much as 33% of the electorate still undecided.

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar’s favourability rating continues to be very high with 50% rating her favourably, and 33% unfavourably. Dr Rowley’s favourability remains modest with a 40% favourability rating.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/PNM-AHEAD-298689111.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS   GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GENERAL ELECTION 2015 TRCKING POLLS
Page 1 of 1